Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gabatoni's Revisited



When my friends and I get together in the afternoon for pizza, it’s a no-brainer; we go to Gabatoni’s.  Now, Gab’s has been around for as long as I can remember.  It’s also my very favorite place for pizza.  Gab’s has that Old Italian world feel inside that might remind one of something out of a movie.  I’ve come to know the staff by name since they see me in there so often.   You can’t ask for a nicer bunch of people who make you feel right at home.
Gabatoni's Special
As we entered Gab’s this afternoon, there was a funeral meal going on in the main dining area so we were directed to the bar area which is just as nice.  I usually get ‘the Special’ or four-item (sausage, green pepper, onion and mushroom) when ordering and get a large if I have to share with at least one person but I’ve had other combos which are equally as good.  So, we ordered our “usual” and another pizza (sausage, with ham and green peppers on half).  It wasn’t long before our pies were sitting in front of us.  I think they cut them into little squares so it doesn’t seem like you’re eating too much but after coming all this way, I want to get my “fix”.
There is nothing closer to heaven than biting into your Gab’s pizza for that first bite.  Just the right temperature….don’t think I’ve ever burned my tongue on this one. 
The pizza crust is oh-so-thin and crispy and the pilings of the ingredients are just right…not too much cheese …just enough to stay put on the crust and not slide off. It’s baked to perfection. They put the right amount of ingredients along with the tomato sauce which is lightly sweet.  It’s what pizza should be.

 They also have a full menu of other foods…sandwiches and meals.  Even though the meatball sandwiches are also one of my fave foods from Gab’s, I need to have the pizza. I can’t stand seeing someone else’s pizza and sniffing the aroma…what can I say?    I have been known to split a meatball sandwich/pizza combo with anyone who will allow it so I can partake of both.
When leaving, I do not have the so-full-I-need-to-loosen-my-belt feeling even though on occasion I’ve eaten half of a large pizza…surprising to some people who can’t believe a person of my size can eat that much!
As we are walking out the door, it’s not unusual for us to be planning our next outing to Gabatoni’s.  I will definitely be back soon!

Linda's Rating:  9.5

Overall SPP Rating:  8.5

No comments:

Post a Comment